- $15.00 $100.00
- Ex Tax: $15.00
- Price in reward points: 200
- Availability:In Stock
- Brand: Saline Solutions
- Product Code: Product 1
- Reward Points: 400
- Price in reward points: 200
Zopiclone is categorised as a sleeping pill that has been successful in treating severe insomnia. Insomnia is a sleep disorder where a person finds it incredibly difficult to fall asleep. This chronic disease makes people feel dissatisfied with the amount of sleep they get. They are usually: low in energy, difficulty in concentrating, mood disturbances and decreased performance in school or at work. Zopiclone is also known as the Z drug, they are thought to be less addictive medication. It is recommended to be consumed on a short-term basis, which lasts for a week or even less. Daily and over usage of this drug is not advised by any doctor.
Key facts about Zopiclone:
- This drug takes almost one hour to work.
- Prescribed usually for just 2 to 4 weeks. This is done since your body responds very quickly to this drug making your body completely dependent on it.
- Common side effects include: dry mouth and daytime sleepiness.
- Alcohol is not to be consumed with this medicine since having them together can make you fall into a deep sleep and you will find it extremely difficult to wake up.
- It is also marketed under the name Zimovane.
Let your doctor know if you are suffering and being treated for any of these diseases: kidney related disease, liver disease, breathing problems, seizure, allergies and drowsiness. Alcohol can also aggravate these effects up to a large extent. Although it should be avoided during pregnancy, if necessary, it should be consumed under the strict supervision of your primary healthcare provider.
Patients suffering from muscle weakness or have poor respiratory reserves caused due to severe bronchitis, emphysema among other lung related diseases.
How it works?
As in case of other popular sedative hypnotic drugs, zopiclone decreases the core body temperature along with decreasing sleep latency. It also causes alterations on EEG readings along with the sleep architecture. Zopiclone substantially reduces both delta waves and the number of high amplitude delta waves while increasing the low amplitude waves. It also effectively reduces the total amount of time that is spent in REM sleep while simultaneously delaying its onset.
The therapeutic properties of zopiclone include: anticonvulsant, myorelaxant effects. Although it is different than benzodiazepines molecularly they share pretty much a similar and almost an identical pharmacological profile.
Who is advised against its usage?
Zopiclone is to be consumed by adults who are over the age of 18 although it is not suitable for some people. Let your doctor know if you are suffering from the following problems:
- Have had a history of mental health problems
- A history of excessive alcoholism or drug use
- If you are pregnant or trying to get pregnant
Let your doctor know if you are consuming any sort of an over the counter medication or prescription drugs like: antidepressants, anti-seizure medication or pain relievers. This is important for your healthcare provider to know about all these factors since you don’t want to suffer from severe allergic reactions.
In case you overdose then make sure you are taken to the nearest hospital for further treatment. Symptoms of overdose include: blurred vision, loss of consciousness, pale skin, slow/shallow breathing and a sudden onset of sweating.
Elderly people are generally more sensitive to the effects of this drug. It should be used with caution in case you experience difficulty while sleeping.
Common side effects:
Not everyone experiences side effects due to zopiclone usage the ratio is somewhere between 1 in 100 people. Here are some commonly experienced side effects:
- Dry mouth
- Bitter or metallic taste in your mouth
- Sleepiness during daytime
Other serious side effects, where you should immediately inform your doctor are:
- Memory loss or amnesia
- Feeling low or sad
- Feeling delusions
- Frequently falling over
how to cope with the side effects:
- In case of dry mouth –try chewing on sugar free gum or you can also suck on sugar free sweets.
- In case you have a metallic taste in your mouth –chewing on sugar free gum
- If you are feeling sleepy or tired –don’t drive or use heavy machinery if you feel the oncoming of the side effects.
consumption otherwise you will feel more tired.